Sunday, May 28, 2017

Suzy and Henry 1999 / Fresh Out of the Box

Don't think you can really hear her, but Suzy says your annoying him. It was the first words captured in Twenty Saturdays. Prophetic words. It is with sweet sorrow I view this clip. King Henry Honeybutter Keith is no longer with us. He was the best dog ever. Seriously. All my dogs have been special, great even, but Henry, hands down the best dog ever. And Suzy, so beautiful, so young, her smile literally melts my heart and steals my breath. How I didn't spend every minute of those Twenty Saturdays with her, my new bride, the love of my life, the future mother of my children, boggles my mind. I guess I was scared. Scared and foolish. Scared, foolish and still a little wild at heart. 
Henry's annoyance at being filmed should have been a sign I read more seriously. This little project of mine would seriously annoy my wife. Now, eighteen years latter, if I had to do all over again I wouldn't. Don't get me wrong I am really glad to be doing what I'm doing now and believe I really needed my twenty Saturdays back then to be me here right now. Reworking Twenty Saturdays as a blog instead of a movie is something I could never have foreseen. Sure in 1999 I had a computer and I was online and I was rebel enough to go with Yahoo instead of AOL. But I had no idea I would someday own www.andykeith.com and I would blog for fun and it would help deal with the loss of my father and sister and help me come to terms with my past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment